Monday 2 July 2012

"God, you have half an hour to show up"

The more I'm getting to know God and how great he is the more I recognise the constant love he has for me.  It was friday afternoon and as I glanced through my Facebook I noticed a picture of a friend sitting in a deckchair waiting in line at citipoint church.  Instantly I remembered that Joyce Meyer was coming to Brisbane and I thought... could it be tonight?  Flicking through my laptop I was happily surprised that yes it was her and I'd better get my girls together late notice! I sent the message out, found a babysitter, cooked dinner picked up a friend got the youngest in bed and was out the door by 6pm.  Smelling like burnt pork chops mind you but out the door all the same.  There were four of us in the car, all very excited and expectant, and happy to have a night out.. no children.  Secured a nice carpark and walked a fair distance past the first overflow hall up to the second and oh no... we didn't make it into the main hall, it was full. So into the next overflow room we went.  Two of the girls went to the bathroom and the other two of us stayed in our seats.  Next to me (bless her) was an ever so slightly annoying lady who thought everything I said to my girlfriend was to her and I thought "God I know you love this woman and I do too, but I think she may be a bit of a distraction".  I turned to my girlfriend and suggested that if it wasn't any good in the first half hour we'd still have time to get to 'Glory Gatherings' to get in some worship time.  I then said out loud "God, you have half an hour to show up".  In less than a second my sister came up to us and said "We have seats in the main auditorium".  WHATTTTT???????  God you never let me down!  How great is our God.  Seriously he is always one better, always showering with his love, he's never-ending!! To top off a great night (Joyce Meyer is amazing and so funny) we were right at the side of the hall by the bookstall so had first option to buy books on our way out. Straight to the car, no waiting around or queuing and straight home. Start your everyday by asking God to pave the way and he does, his ways work!

2 comments:

  1. Shona,

    What a g8t story about God and His provision. Even in the every day things, He has a wonderful plan for His kids and goes before us.

    I love your ability to narrate a story. Looking forward to your next post already :)

    God Bless, Grimsey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im still amazed by Friday night, it was so perfect. Love the way you told the story, it was pretty exciting. Everyday just keeps getting better and better!!! Love Joyce Meyer

    ReplyDelete