Wednesday 18 July 2012

A God inspired letter

Today was an especially brilliant day.  A wonderful friend came over to watch my girls for a couple of hours so I could go out and have some 'me time'. This morning I had asked God for some quality time with him and so as I went to get out of my car at the shops I actually got back in the car and had 5mins with him first.  I was blessed with seeing two girlfriends (always a blessing to see friends) then blessed with some bargains for my girls and then to top it all off I was blessed by a beautiful shop assistant that God had a word for and I just didn't know how to say it without looking like some sort of crazy woman.  Firstly I felt that she was destined to be a singer (weird I know) so I asked her if she could sing. Hmm, well, she said she likes to sing to herself but not in public.  I left it at that and just chatted about the 'whatevers' until I left.  Tonight the girls were in bed early, my husband was working late so.. here was my time to soak in Gods presence that I so longed for.  I could not stop thinking about this girl.  So I wrote her a God inspired letter and I just have to share it with you.  Perhaps it will inspire you to do the same.  It's all about spreading the love right?
To the beautiful lady at the chicken shop,
When I was buying my chicken today I couldn't help but notice how beautiful you are. I felt like I already knew you and I know I already asked if you could sing but what I really wanted to tell you was that there is a God and he truly loves you more than you can imagine.  It was like he was showing me what he saw in you and he was saying that he has a song for you.  It's your song and he sings it over you as you sleep. Actually I think he's always singing it to you.  He loves you with a deep, unconditional, passionate love.  There is nothing you can do or say to stop his love for you.
This is seriously the first time I've written to someone that I don't even know, about how much God loves them but I have been thinking about you ever since and I just know God is so desperate to be your friend and your Daddy.  Try him out, next time you have some spare time alone, close your eyes and open your heart. Ask him to be with you. He always shows up.  I pray this touches your heart and you find what I've been writing about.
With love
Shona

2 comments:

  1. Shona,

    Goodonya. I reckon she will be blessed to receive!

    Indeed you are on a powerful journey with God, that is so totally awesome, keep sharing :)

    Peter G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waaaaaaaa that was so beautiful!!! Made me cry because I know that we see what god sees, and we want to see his face when he looks at those who don't know him and he loves them so much!! (pastor Kathryn)

    ReplyDelete