Wednesday 25 July 2012

Children are the fruit of what we sow.

Whilst watching my eldest daughter, hands on hips, face about 20cms from her sisters face, voice raised and attitude in high speed temper throw off, I was a little worried who she'd learnt this act from.  Ahh her father comes from italian decent, it must be from there, haha.  That night I asked God for some help with my child raising and as he speaks to us all in dreams I was excited to go to sleep.  The only problem was the dream I had was all about me and was more like a telling off than what I'd hoped for.  In my dream I was angry at my husband, I was blaming hormones and I was disgusted at my lack of self control.  Whoa, thats not so nice to be shown.  God spoke to me in the morning and said that my children are the fruit of what I sow.  He gave me a slide show of me on my 'off days'. You know, when you're tired and have had enough of been tugged at and demanded of and just let out a mighty roar and snap, losing control and teaching the children exactly what you don't want to see them doing.  (I'm sure I'm not alone here).  I went to God, I thanked him for showing me what I couldn't see with my own eyes and asked him to forgive my temper and lead me and teach me to keep self control.  Now before I lose it the holy spirit prompts me and I listen and obey. I either take a deep breath and think of a better approach or I walk out of temptations way ask for Gods peace put a smile on my face and deal in love. The difference it has made over the last week is incredible. God calls us to be teachers to our children, they copy all that they see, scary but true.  I love my girls and I want to show them unconditional love as best as I can, so they can grow up to be beautiful women that bear much fruit.

1 comment:

  1. Shona,

    Hey, now the feeling, bought the tee-shirt, lol

    Good on you for putting such g8t processes in place.

    God bless, Peter G

    ReplyDelete