Monday 16 July 2012

Can you ask God to make the rain go away?

I asked God to give me an aerial view, like a heavenly perspective on life.  He is so funny this is what he did.. I sat down with my girls to watch some cartoons and every single one had either astronauts, the moon or some sort of outer space content.  I had a little laugh because it wasn't exactly what I had in mind but then I wasn't too sure what I was really asking for anyway.  Then it dawned on me on Sunday as I was out for the day at the beach.  Now, it is winter so honestly going to the beach for the day is a little on the crazy side but the forecast was for a nice day and we really needed to get the jet ski out! On the way it started to rain and my daughter said "Mum, can you ask God to make the rain go away?" "I already have last night" I said. "Well Mum, can you ask him again...please!"So that's what I did, I asked God for a lovely day, no rain and no wind, then I added in a few extras that our friends we were meeting there would arrive safely and that we would be close by a good fish and chip shop and that God would pave the way for a fantastic day.  We arrived earlier than our friends and it was... cold and windy, with rain.  Come on God, don't let me down.  As we all met up and put the skis in the water the wind disappeared, the sun came out, we found perfect car parks right in front of where we wanted to sit on the beach and just around the corner from the best fish and chip shop ever!  It was a perfect day.  When you put God first and give him the way to pave he always puts a heavenly look on it. He brings heaven on earth in so many ways, this is just one little touch.  I call it a kiss from Jesus.

2 comments: