Saturday 6 October 2012

Blood is thicker than water

I've been very blessed this last week with my Aunty and Uncle over from NZ on holidays.  Being overseas from most of our family means we miss out on whats going on and our parties are always a little smaller without the family fill ins:) There's something extra special about family that no one else can come close to.  They deserve the most forgiveness, hold the most respect, you could even say its a different kind of love when it comes to family.  It can be years between visits but somehow its like you've always been together.  Cousins are amazing gifts. You get to grow up together, know all about the 'family secrets' and laugh at the Aunties and Uncles in a way that only cousins understand.  I'm blessed to have such a large family and I'd like to take this opportunity to let them all know how much I love them.  That includes the crazy ones willing to marry my cousins and join in this wild bunch.  I'd also like to raise my glass to my Nana who without her continuing prayer for us all I'm sure we would have fallen apart.  She is the umbrella of Gods love that shelters us and covers us with Gods protection. I never really understood the concept of 'blood is thicker than water' but over the past year with connection through facebook and my cousins moving around the corner I can see how important it is.  So in saying all that how much more connected must we be to the father of all fathers?  God created us in his likeness to be fruitful on this earth.  He calls us his sons and daughters.  His wish is to bless us like a father gives to his child.  He says we are all brothers and sisters through christ.  Can we be as loving to our friends as we are to our family? Friends come and go but family is always there.  Can I encourage you to think of your family and how important they are to you.  They are Gods precious gift of support and no matter how many times they may have hurt you, said the wrong thing, gone out with the wrong person etc you have to forgive them and don't waste time holding bitterness. Reach out and let them know they are precious to you.  Its what Gods wants, for us all to love one another. Be merciful and graceful. And then take a good look at your friends, they may not have family, you could be it and not even know it.  Reach out to your friends in love, they will be your brothers and sisters in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment