Tuesday 16 October 2012

Church in the park????

Ever thought about doing something out of the box that may offend some but could save others? Well, I had this busting thought come over me and it has consumed my days since friday night.  What if I took church to the park? I have no idea on the legality of sitting under a tree on a sunday morning, reading children's bible stories with a large voice, but I think it could be an approach to a world that clearly needs its younger generation to be taught some healthy bible principles.  Most of my generation and older grew up with some sort of church input and it developed an interest and then a hunger to know God.  The bible says in proverbs 22 v 6 'teach a child in the way he shall go and when he is old he shall not depart from it.' I can't sit back and wait for someone else to hopefully mingle in with the children at parks on a Sunday morning, that are potentially missing out on a faith that will see them through the hard times and bring them to new hope.  I want to do something different, I want to be that someone that cares enough to make a difference. Could we turn this into something that takes off around the world? I think so. Any ideas, I'd love to hear them.  Do you know of anyone who already does this, I'd love to meet them. I'm sure there has to be some sort of red tape that has to be cut, there always is. The best part is, if God has anything to do with putting this idea in my heart.... he'll make it happen. Well, now that I've shared this with you I'm accountable and have to actually do more than just look into it.  Eeeeek how exciting!! I'll keep you up to date with my progress.....
psalm 131 v 12  If your children will keep My covenant and My testimony that I shall teach them, their children also shall sit upon the throne forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment