Friday 21 September 2012

A pile of 12 stones

Sharing a testimony is one of the most important things we can do, for our lives to impress on others.  When God does something amazing for us it totally blesses him in return when we share it with others. Keeping a memory of testimonies in your heart to bring out and inspire others and yourself is what keeps your faith alive.  In Joshua 4v6-7 they were told to leave a pile of 12 stones to remind the next generations of the wonders and miracles God performed. The children would ask what the stones were there for and out came a story of how God cut off the waters of Jordan so the ark of the covenant could pass through.  It was their testimony and when shared it created new hope for better things to come.
Here is an awesome testimony and I pray that if you're having car troubles this will bounce onto you and you will receive the same blessing.
My Best friend had her daughter booked in for surgery and the cost was substantial.  I said to her how about we pray that God heals her daughter and she doesn't need the surgery and hence no large sums of money lost.  She said she'd already paid the deposit so just pray that its not too painful, lol.  The weekend before the big trip to hospital in the city her car broke down. My cousin hunted around and found a quote for $760 to get it repaired but not until the next week.  Between my cousin and I we made sure they had transport to get there and back so on that part of it we had done all we could do in our own strength.  Now this is where it gets cool... I prayed a very specific prayer that the Little one wouldn't be in any pain and that the surgeons wouldn't have to do as much as expected and that the cost would come down. I then specifically said to God that it needed to be $760 less.  How excited was I when I received the call to say they hadn't had to perform the whole procedure and because of that they would be $700 better off.  Then I had a word to God (as you would to your own Dad, I guess) and I said hold on a minute God I said $760... wheres the other $60?
A week went by and the car went in to be fixed and my husband kindly offered to take her to pick up the car.  Just incase they saw a beautiful young woman and might try and charge her extra.  I'm sure that does happen on occasion.  Apparently my husbands face was priceless when said they had dropped the price by $60..... there's my extra $60!!!!!! WHAT?????? How cool is that!!!
There's always only so much we can do in our own strength and the rest is up to God. God gives us the holy spirit as our divine helper.  He enables us to do what we need to do, and he does what we cannot do.  I couldn't make the operation less or the car cost less, all I could do was drive to the hospital to pick her up and pray to God that he would do the rest.
And he did!
Zechariah 4 v 6 Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit says the Lord
When God gives you a testimony like this make yourself a pile of stones to remember it by.  Something that will jog your memory to remind you of the good things God had done in your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment