Wednesday 31 October 2012

Chasing your dreams

There's a very important place in our hearts where we store our dreams. Without a dream there's nothing to accomplish, nothing to have focus on.  Over the past year I've been trying to find what my dreams are, what they were, and I had come to the conclusion that I'd never really allowed myself to have dreams. It had never been something I was encouraged to do, so I had been cruising along stealing other peoples dreams.  I never really really wanted to be a hairdresser but I was told I was good at it and I knew it was what my Mum really wanted to do so for 16 years I fulfilled her dream.  When you hold a passion in your heart to do something amazing or be someone extraordinary you are able to focus on what you want and go for it.  There will always be loads of opportunities that get thrown your way and without a focus you could find yourself grabbing at each one and thinking "oh that was sooo from God" when really its just life.  When you have focus you only take the opportunities that support your passion. You pass on the things that don't, and in doing so, allow the person next to you to take hold of what may move them along on their journey. A couple of weeks ago I was blogging about reading bible stories to children in the park. It didn't stop there.  The more I thought about it the more God revealed to me the hidden dreams from my childhood.  I now remember instead of wanting to be a doctor or nurse or vet like everyone else I wanted to be a news reader.  Thats right I liked the idea of getting all dressed up, sitting behind a desk on tv and reading the news. Much like my idea of reading to children, just with a kinder audience.  I also thought about how I always wanted to write books... hmmm... Is this an untangling of hidden dreams coming to life? I felt prompted in my spirit of a beautiful genre to write about and for the first time in a long time I am chasing a dream and it feels great! Writing my own books and reading them to children.  When you allow yourself to have a dream you start living the dream.  I'm going to sleep thinking about these books, I'm daydreaming about reading them to children. I've even started writing the first one. To do great things you really need to know what it is you want to do and then live, eat, sleep, dream and breathe it.  Do you have a dream? Are you on the right road, taking the right steps? Share your dreams with Daddy God, he loves to hear them. He wants to co-exist with you.  He doesn't demand that we follow his dreams, that why he gives us the ability to dream. It's what you want to do, he knows your gifts and talents, he gave them to you. Search your heart, ask God to help you find your dreams and then tell him about them. As a Dad he's over excited to help you.  I pray that God will reveal to you the dreams of your heart, that he will birth a passion inside of you that extends the gifts and talents that are already there waiting.  I also pray that great opportunities will be brought into your pathway. I pray for focus, determination and perseverance. Amen! God bless you as you find and follow you dreams

No comments:

Post a Comment