Thursday 31 May 2012

Coffee, such a blessing!!

It was monday morning and I was out buying the groceries as usual. I stopped at merlo coffee to buy some beans for my coffee machine and they gave me a complementary coffee to take away.  Being close to God and leading a spirit filled life I am beginning to pick up on his quiet voice and follow his directions more and more readily.  I held the delicious smelling coffee in my hand and felt prompted to take it straight to my sisters work to give it to her.  So we piled in the car, groceries, children and I and off we drove.  We walked into the daycare centre to find her sitting in the staff room almost about to finish her break.  I handed her the coffee gave her a love and went to leave. Her boss and another staff member asked what I was doing there and I said I was just bringing a coffee in for my lovely sister.  What I didn't know was that morning my sister had been in a rush and hadn't had time for a coffee and had commented to God that she needed one. Not only was it perfect timing with her break but she had actually asked God for one, and not only that but her colleges had just witnessed Gods love through my obedience.  And it hadn't cost me a thing.  Such a simple thing for me to do that created such a blessing for others.  I encourage you to learn to hear Gods spirit talking to you.  Whether it be out shopping and you get that uncomfortable feeling inside not to buy that expensive shirt because there's one on sale just around the corner or just like me and having a thought to take a coffee to a friend.  If you can learn to trust and respond quickly to Gods voice he can lead you into so much joy and it just escalates more and more throughout your everyday living.

No comments:

Post a Comment