Wednesday 16 May 2012

faced fears = jet ski!!

I really love how God has this way of taking seemingly random exercises and places them together to solve a much bigger issue.  I'm talking about a few weeks ago when I wrote about fear and how I was learning to trust God in all things and remove fear from my life. Last week I shared with you about the pain of my mums death and this week God has put them together to show me how fear can steal away precious moments that ultimately should lead to joy.  You see when I met my husband he had a 701 superjet pole ski and on it he won 2nd place in Australia.  I fell in love with his passion and ability to succeed in everything he tried.  We eventually sold his ski and all toys to start our life of buying a house and cars etc.  Then children came along and with it the fear, for me, of dying and leaving my girls with no Mum.  It had so sneakily wrapped itself around me I hadn't even noticed.  I lost the adventure in me and started to fear the worst in pretty much everything.  My husband had looked at buying another jet ski and I had steered him away from it.  I had crushed him with my fear which eventually if left like it was would more than probably drive us down a very sad and boring existence full of emptiness and regret.  But our God is so great he never lets us go that far with out showing us a key or a safety line to grab.  So this is where he pulls it all together.  He pulled me out of the shadow of death and the fear of it by unveiling the hurt I was holding about Mum... last week.  He then in all his humour stops our heater timer on 7:01, then  as my husband opens his Facebook page theres a picture of a 701.  I say "thats supernatural" and have a laugh.  The very next night I was at my friends and we were soaking in Gods presence listening to music and the first thing to pop into my mind is... u guessed it.. a 701.  God very clearly showed me that my fears were stopping my husband from living to his fullness, and it was teaching my children to fear and to top it all off I was hindering myself of fun.  I went home very excited and told my husband he needed to buy a jet ski!! (wish you could see his face).  Within 12 hours he had caught up with an old friend from 10 years ago who happened to know someone bringing the exact model in from the states and they will be here tomorrow.  So not really knowing how we are going to pay for it... we have a jet ski ready for running in on saturday!!! God speed? I think so.  And the best part??? I'm free to be a child again, free to enjoy life.  To be the fun Mum I'd dreamt of being, having a go at everything and knowing that through it all God is by my side, with Angels ready to step up at any time.  No more fear for me. God has set me free!!
I found this written by Sally Miller and thought it be appropriate to share. She has paraphrased Psalm 23v4, Isaiah 41v10 and 1 John 4v18. I hope you like it.
IN TIMES OF FEAR
Don't be scared even in the shadowy places. I am God. I am in charge. Wherever you go, I'm with you - overseeing, protecting, guiding, loving. Don't panic. I am God. I'll give you strength and help, ideas and opportunities. When it seems like your safety net is fraying, I'll scoop you up in my gentle-but-calloused hands and hold you.
Remember, when you're held in My love there's no room for fear.  My love around you is so big it doesn't leave even a molecule of space for worry or anxiety.  The only time fear comes is when you think punishments ominous, nefarious shadow follows you.  I am God - a God of love.  I don't want to hurt you; I want to fulfill you through love.  Let me gently catch you, show you who you are, and who I'm making you to be: one perfected in My love.

No comments:

Post a Comment