Tuesday 6 March 2012

My heavenly Daddy

You may have heard the name daddy God and you may not have.  Some might say its a little weird to refer to God as a daddy but maybe after I share my next story it will give you a greater understanding.
I was driving with my family home from a birthday party and was particularly tired.  It was a good 45minute drive and I just wanted to get home.  As I was overtaking a car on the motorway my husband said "speed camera" and instead of breaking I swerved to the other lane just about took out another car and all the while going 120km in a 100 km zone in a company car.  I pride myself on keeping to the speed limit and it really took me by surprise how fast I was going.  The flash of the camera surprised me also.  I got the 3rd degree from my husband as you can imagine, and ended my day feeling pretty miserable.  I prayed to God and asked if he could pay it for me.  A week went by and then another, all the while I was trying to keep my faith but constantly checking the mail box.  God said to me "why are you checking for the fine? Don't you know I'm your Daddy and thats what Daddy's do?" Not having a lot to do with my own dad since my parents divorced at the age of 10, I haven't had a Dad to pay for mistakes I make and help me out when I'm in trouble. To this day I've never received a fine.  God is my Daddy and he loves to help me out.  I have not been over the speed limit since!! Thank you Daddy God.

No comments:

Post a Comment