Monday 12 March 2012

Heavenly eyes give a new perception

I learnt a very valuable lesson this week about what perspective we look at things in our life and how it can either hinder or help our situation.  It all started while I was in westend with my girls playing at the park.  I was beginning to compare myself to the people around me, mostly hippies, and was feeling envious of their apparent freedom.  I started thinking about the beautiful house I live in and the dream my husband has followed of having the best of everything and how I had fitted into his dream so nicely.  It started eating at me that who I had become wasn't what I really wanted to be and all I wanted to do was move into a place where I could be free to make a mess, blue tack pictures on the walls, splash paint about without a care, and to be honest I started having massive regrets. I cried out to God "I"m not happy with my life, it's not fair!"  The next day my oldest daughter brought two books in for me to read.  One was about a toy that was scared of the dark only to find that the monsters he was seeing at night were only furniture and clothes in the morning.  The other was about a whale that liked to watch the pretty little fish but the pretty little fish would see the whale staring at them thinking he wanted to eat them.  Both showed a deceptive perception. Later that evening I sat down with my girls and we watched 'bananas and pyjamas'.. same thing. They thought a shadow on the wall was a monster but it was only their friend dusting. Next it was 'Storytrain Dan', same sort of thing.  God was trying to tell me I was looking at things with the wrong eyes.  I asked God to give me heavenly eyes to see.  Because our God is a great God who sees things how they should be, he sees the gold in everything and in everyone and when we ask him to show us how he sees us its totally different.  God changed my perception and in an instant I went from down to up.  I have a garage if I really want to get messy with paint. And honestly if there was something I really wanted to put up on the walls I'm sure I could talk my husband around.  I had pointed my finger at what was around me and blamed it for my unhappiness when really i was just being lazy.  With my heavenly eyes I look at my husband and see a great provider.  I look at my girls and see beautiful mess makers.  I look at my garage and see a new office.  Where there's a will theres a way.  Its all about finding the dream and pursuing it.

1 comment:

  1. Thats so cool. God always shows us and sets us free after we have learnt our lesson. Its so good. xx

    ReplyDelete