Tuesday 27 March 2012

God's perfect love casts out all fear

There's this really amazing part to God that he calls revelation.  It's when you read the same thing a million times and say oh yeah that's lovely and then the million and one time you read it you go ohhh I get that... revelation.  It happened to me on the weekend and I just have to share.  I believe that this is the year of declaring out loud what God has promised you.  And he clearly said to me that i need to start declaring my love for my husband.  All week even when he's not around I've been saying out loud.. I love my husband. The more I say it and the more I hear it the more in love with him I'm becoming. Even after 10 years of being together.  So here's where revelation hit me. I have read the verse 1 John 4 v18 so many times but truthfully I didn't understand it.  It says that God's perfect love casts out all fear.  So as I was scraping the play dough off the tiles outside I had this thought that I could have two completely different scenarios with this cleaning. One in fear that my husband would be angry that I'd let the girls drop play dough all over the tiles, or one in love, that out of respect towards my husband I needed to clean up this mess to protect the house he has worked hard to provide us with.  When done out of love it is a pleasure and it builds the marriage and grows great fruit. When done out of fear it builds walls of resentment and bitterness.   Love is a choice. I encourage you to start declaring it around your life because what comes out of your mouth is a sign of what is in your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment