Tuesday 3 April 2012

Do not be afraid, for the Lord your God is with you

Did you know that fear is a sin? God tells us so many times in the bible not to be afraid of the things of the world.  Luke 12 v 4-5 I tell you, my friends, do not dread and be afraid of those who kill the body and after that have nothing more they can do. But I warn you whom you should fear: fear him who, after killing, has the power to hurl into hell; yes I say to you, fear him!
I was visiting my niece on the weekend and she was telling me about the ghosts in her house. Strange noises, faces popping around corners, singing in the night etc.  Instantly I got a little fearful of what was there spiritually and what it could do to my girls.  I later went home and my oldest daughter woke up in the night with a high fever and bad dreams, there were monsters in her room.  I prayed over her and all through the night I was troubled with dreams of evil spirits entering my house and honestly I was freaked out.  Fear gripped me and I lost the faith in my authority as a daughter of God.  We are seated in heavenly places and have the authority through jesus to cast out demons and trample on snakes and heal the sick (Luke 10v19). I was confused how an evil spirit could have any authority to follow me home and invade my daughters health and my dreams.  Last night at my friends house I was sharing what had happened and I learnt that fear is a sin, and any sin in our lives leaves a spiritual doorway open for satan to attack.  So I repented of my sin of fear,  I took the authority given to me from God and we sent angels to be around my nieces house.  I had an overwhelming sense of peace and had the best sleep. As did my daughter, her fever had completely gone and she was able to go to daycare today.  I have learnt such a valuable lesson out of this. What we keep in our thoughts and what comes out of our mouths impact our everyday lives not just physically but also spiritually.  I encourage you to be transformed by the renewal of your mind (Romans 12 v 2) don't let fear have a hold on you, but fear God... Love what he loves and hate what he hates. His power and love is far greater than that of this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment