Sunday 7 February 2016

Hold on tight to your dreams - God knows when you're ready

I'm excited to say I'm back to writing my blog!  It has been a few years now that I have stopped blogging to pursue completing my first book 'Heavenly treasure'.  So blessed to be sitting here with my book on a stand looking at me.  Apparently that's the easy part… getting people to buy it and read it… well, that's a whole other level of expertise that I need help with.  You see I'm a big believer in shooting for the stars and keeping my dreams as  unrealistic as possible.  My whole life I've been told that with God all things are possible so I need to dream big.  The hard part is holding on to those dreams and holding on…and holding on…. until when you're ready (and usually we're not straight away, even though we think we are) boom! fire works across the sky!
So, what I'm trying to say is, I really want my book to be a best seller over night with people lining up to interview me and I'm thinking "I'm totally ready for that".  But it hasn't happened and some days I feel like maybe it's not as good as I thought it was.  Or maybe it was only meant for a few people to read and it's had its day.  It's really easy to give up and lose hope that God has his hand on everything we hand to him, and in the right time when I'm mature enough to roll with it.. he will roll with it.  Have you ever felt like that? Tell me I'm not the only one!!  Faith in God becomes faith when we have to believe in him and wait on him, his timing is perfect.  I wonder how many people and angels he has working for me right now without me even knowing?  And I wonder how many demons are fighting against me getting the vision of heaven out to our children?  The words in my head telling me its all over before it even begins?  hmm…. I wonder where they came from?  Certainly not from my God who loves me and has big plans for my life.  So, if you're having an argument with someone in your head about not fulfilling your dreams because of this and that.. tell it where to go and 'seek first the kingdom of God', he knows where you're heading.  I'm hoping my destiny says 'reaches the nations teaching children about heaven'.  Time and faith will tell.
So, welcome back my blog readers.  I hope I've inspired you to hold on to your dreams and keep trying!  We all need encouragement, give yourself a pat on the back, you've got this far!
If you need extra support and prayer with following your dreams please feel free to email me.
shona@storiesaboutheaven.com

Webpage - http://storiesaboutheaven.com



No comments:

Post a Comment