Wednesday 17 February 2016

Heavenly Treasure - The Introduction

Hey there readers,

This is the introduction for my book, "Heavenly Treasure"

I hope you are enticed to read more!!  You can find the book on my webpage storiesaboutheaven.com


 Something I have always believed in is the silver lining theory.  When I lost my best friend at the age of 31 I was so grieved, that to me, there was no sign of anything good belonging to it.  Melissa was 8 months pregnant when it happened, a baby no one was blessed to hold.  Her two daughters, Keira and Ellah, also lost their short lives that day.  Melissa left behind two older sons, a devastated family and many friends.  
How could there possibly be an upside to this tragedy?  And there, lies the reason for the girls story to be told.  If I can reach into the minds and hearts of the younger generation and plant in them a picture of what heaven is really like then this tragedy has a light of day.    If I can recall pictures painted in my imagination from books read in my childhood then I have a responsibility to the younger generation to do the same for them.  
I have two young girls of my own that are encouraged to believe in the deeper mysteries of God.  God is not boring!  Heaven does not consist of sitting around playing harps all day.  When I started writing this book I asked God, how on earth was I going to write a book on heaven when I had never been there?  He kindly opened it up for me every time I sat down at my computer.  There would be times when I would be in my bedroom and he would prompt me in my spirit to go and write.  I would say ‘but I don’t know what to write‘ and as I obediently sat down at my desk I would start to type and he would show me exactly what to write.  Heaven opened up in the screen of my mind and I could get lost there for hours.  There was an occasion where I tried to write without him and the pages disappeared from my screen.  So, even though this book is classed as fiction I believe what I have written to be true.  I have watched those two beautiful girls grow and I hold them so close in my heart.  I believe as you read this book it will come alive for you, bring healing where needed and paint an awesome picture of the marvels and mysteries of God and the heavens.    

No comments:

Post a Comment