Wednesday 5 September 2012

Depression bites

Sometimes you just have a bad day, a bad week, an average month, a slow year. Depression starts kicking in when you have just had enough. Sitting there on the bathroom floor wishing it all away.  The tears are coming uncontrollably and the head is aching from all the tears.  The more you try and get your head around it the more problems you start to think of and the worse it gets.  It hasn't happened to me loads but I can say I've had those days, usually for me I let them go for a few days before I find my feet.  For others it takes a lot longer.  I'm not there right now, I'm happy with life this week, my husband is behaving himself, my health is good, we're being blessed with work, good friends and family.  I'm even receiving text messages from my Dad which always makes me feel special.  I don't know what lies around the corner waiting to steal my joy but I'm living for today and I'm choosing to enjoy it.  When Thor throws his hammer only he can catch it, likewise when life throws me a blow only I can smash it back to where it belongs.  It's my mind, my choice. I don't want to miss out on what God has for me because I'm not allowing him to set me free from condemnation.  This life is a fight. Its a fight to get through a day sometimes. But you know what, when you go to heaven there's no fighting, its all just love and love and love.  So if you like a challenge you'd better put on your armour and get fighting because you're going to need something to talk about when you get up there.  I love a good challenge and for me this week its about beating tiredness, about beating passivity.  Finding motivation to get out there and live.  It's too easy for me to stay home all day with my girls and complain about how much mess they make.  No one became famous for that.  Can you imagine walking through the gates of heaven and seeing Jesus and he says to you "did you do it? did you love? did you fight for me? I've been with you your whole life, watching you. I gave you amazing talents, did you use them?"I want to say "Yes!!, Yes Jesus, thank you!!"What will you say?

4 comments:

  1. Haha, I'm pleased your husband has been "behaving himself." Seriously though, I don't struggle with depression from all the stuff that life throws at me, but I do struggle with anger. Just another outworking of a similar heart condition perhaps...
    http://elephanza.blogspot.com/2012/08/give-me-strength.html
    My strength is found only by spending time with Him. I appreciate the honesty in your blog - thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Duncan, Just had a quick look at your blog, I love it! Thanks for sharing

      Delete