Monday 13 August 2012

Witchcraft, Drugs and Heaven

I have two concepts I'd like to intermingle together so I'm hoping I can write this and capture a space in your mind to paint a picture of what I think heaven might be like and also how important our dreams are.  So I'll start with the dream I had and explain the meaning of it.  (Also I believe God speaks to us in dreams and he uses parables and riddles just like he did in the bible).  I dreamt I was in a bathroom about to have a shower but there was a spider in there so I went to another shower and there was yet another spider. I tried fly spray to kill the spider but needed the help of a stranger to get rid of it.
This is what God was showing me and not only me, it was for my best friend also.
1) Bathroom - cleansing *
2) Bathing - cleansing/repentence *
3) Spider - (huntsman spider) predatory person/one who casts spells *
4) Stranger/man - angel.*
The spider representing witchcraft in this dream has a direct link to drug use.  The word sorceries in Revelation 9:21 is the greek word, pharmakeia. Which is where we get the word pharmacy.  The shower meaning I needed cleansing/repentence from the drug use in my past and the man helping was an angel.  When I told my girlfriend about the dream she shared with me that for the last 2 or more years every time she took notice of the time it was 11:11am/pm. She thought it was God saying she needed to pray for her daughters grandmother as it was her birthdate. The grandmother was involved in witchcraft and was constantly casting spells on her and her daughter.  What had happened was because we had taken our fair share of drugs together before and after becoming a christian (it took awhile to completely stop) we had allowed ourselves to be open in the spirit to witchcraft, hence giving the grandmother a hold over her.  As soon as we recognised what God was saying through the dream we repented and were set free.  She has not seen 11:11 again! Ephesians 6 v 12 "..we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers..in the heavenly places"
Moving along with this I want to take the drug use that I just admitted to and show you what I have come up with and please, I'd love your feedback as this is strictly from my own thoughts.  Back quite a few years ago now I was in love with ecstasy, cocaine, meth, whatever I could get my hands on actually.  It got to the point that I could not go out and have a good night without it.  Sure we had some crazy weekends but it was always at a risk. We never knew what was being cooked up in the mix.  Any one of these nights could've killed us.  To top it off was the come down.. to every high there is a low.    The high of ecstasy is overwhelming warmth, confidence, everyone around you is lovely and beautiful, you can dance like a pro, everything you touches feels amazing and comes to life in your hand.  So there's a pretty big drawcard to get on it. Little did I know this is another way of satan trying to win u over with falsities and not what true ecstasy is like at all.  So I was thinking, God is all powerful, he is glory and when anyone says holy, holy, holy is the lord God almighty the angels drop to there knees and worship him.  What if you were walking down the streets of heaven and you see angels dropping to there knees and as they bless the Lord he returns with waves of his glory transcending down the street and you get smashed over with his joy and love, legs in the air, laughing and crying uncontrollably trying to get it together till another wave comes along and you just look like you're constantly on heavenly ecstasy or drunk in the spirit, without ever coming down. Always happy!.  Worth giving your life over to God to spend eternity laughing and loving.  Just something for you to think about anyway.

  * The divinity code, to understanding your dreams and visions
by Adam F Thompson & Adrian Beale
(definitely recommend this book, it opens up so many possibilities to understand what God is saying to you in your dreams)

3 comments:

  1. the enemy cannot create anything, he can only steal kill and destroy, and yes he does disguise himself as an angel of light, but those who have had the revelation of God are able to see the difference between that light and the true light of the Lord, so along the lines of what you are saying, if what the Lord has in store for us and some can experience it now is the true feelings of exstacy meth cocaine etc, and the drugs are a false double of what we will experience in Heaven. I believe(my own opinion) that when we partake of those things we actually open a door into the spiritual realm and alot of what we see and feel is actually what is in the fourth dimension...which is why God wants us to be free of that stuff as it opens us to demonic influence and He wants us to go through those doors in Him(God)but because we are unrepentant and of little faith we miss out on these things......for now???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats great Craig, there's such a snare of the devil trying to capture people into getting the feelings of instant happiness through drugs that turns out to be a big lie at the end of the day. I've been so blessed to have the presence of God knock me down like a big heavy blanket. How good is God to finally close those doors in my life.. and to get to me through a dream.

      Delete
  2. Shona,

    You continually amaze me with your stories and creative writing skills :) I personally haven't had the experiences you are referring to so it's hard for me to comment.

    Thanks for being so open and sharing deep from your heart. I feel God may be using this avenue of writing to both bless others while at the same time doing a deep work in you :)

    Your Buddy,

    ReplyDelete